Along, long time ago a LION was awakened from his deep slumber by a frantic mouse running over his face. Rising up viciously, he caught him and was about to devourer him because of the untimely interruption.
The mouse squeaked and stared directly into his eyes. "If you would only spare my life, I would be sure to repay your kindness," offered the mouse. The Lion laughed a hearty laugh and decided to let him go.
It happened shortly after this that the Lion was caught by some hunters, who bound him by strong ropes to the ground. The Mouse,
recognizing his anguished roar, hurriedly scuttled towards the hideous noise where he came upon the lion trapped underneath net. On seeing this, the mouse began to gnaw the rope with his teeth and set him free."You scorned the idea that I could ever help you, now you know that a mouse is just as important as a lion.”
When I read this fable that I will be looking at with my year three class next week, six ideas came to mind.
1) Don't place yourself in a proud and superior attitude, everybody needs help at some point in their life and always from God.
2) Don't look at outward appearances otherwise judgements may come back to bite you on the bum
3) If someone does a good deed for someone then they will be in some form repayed in a good deed/way back because they deserve it
4) If you call out in a time of trouble: especially God, you will be rescued.
5) Different people can get along and help each other
6) Never wake an angry lion!