Monday 8 February 2010

But then it landed on my nose!


Today I wanted to write a post but I couldn't think what to write about. I had a fantastic weekend of celebration as my dad had his 53rd birthday on Saturday and yesterday my cousin Katie got baptised but today was just work, work and yet more assignment work! and so there wasn't much to say as I already wrote a blog about my storytelling research antics. However,I tried Rosemary Shrager's chicken and chive Philadelphia recipe tonight which was simply delish and my boyfriend was after some but I didn't think there was enough but in the end there was. This led me to wrap it up in tin foil, put on my coat and make my way to my boyfriend's house to give him he's treat. I stepped outside and to my surprise a small frosty sparkle landed on my nose! :D It's snowing again! Anyone who knows me well knows that I absolutely adore the snow and God gave me my white Christmas period last year that I had been shaking my snow globe all the time hoping for. Just when I thought all the sleet would be over,it shivered into my life again. Although the snow results in ice causing so much havoc because this is England lol, it just makes life seem more magical to me. Perhaps it's because of all the romantic movies I've watched but it just adds something special to the day. Also, it reminds me of how AMAZING God is because of all he created, all the little details. It's the same feeling I got when I was climbing the Great Wall of China(apart from the tiredness lol) as I saw all the picturesque scenery..just WOW,you can just see God's image in it and I feel all the more of his magnificent presence. So instead of just rushing round to my boyfriend's house, I walked slowly, enjoying every minute of the snow falling down perfectly and thinking to myself what a wonderful world.

1 comment:

  1. It makes a change for you to have snow down there & us not have it up here. Glad you're enjoying it!

    & I know exactly what you mean about little things like that reminding us of the awesomeness of God.

    btw -I wanted to add to my comment. Didn't realise deleting would leave that horrid note above! Sorry. Live n learn.

    ReplyDelete