Monday 8 March 2010

Bring on the summer and rebuke these colds!


The sun has been trying to peep out lately but it is still freezing & I have an annoying cold which our family keeps rebuking in Jesus' holy name. It's amazing how a change in the weather can completely changed the frown on people's faces upside down :) so bring on the sun please! The song below speaks to me in mountains lately and relates a few thoughts/feelings of my own as sometimes when you don't know what to say..it's because you have too much to say therefore get someone else to explain for you ie: through Corrinne Bailey Rae-


'Three little birds, sat on my window.And they told me I don't need to worry. Summer came like cinnamon

So sweet,Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

Maybe sometimes, we've got it wrong, but it's alright

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same

Oh, don't you hesitate.


Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite songYou go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,Just go ahead, let your hair down.
You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.Blue as the sky, sunburnt and lonely,Sipping tea in the bar by the roadside,(just relax, just relax)Don't you let those other boys fool you,Got to love that afro hair do.Maybe sometimes, we feel afraid, but it's alrightThe more you stay the same, the more they seem to change.Don't you think it's strange?


Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,Just go ahead, let your hair down.You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.'Twas more than I could take, pity for pity's sake Some nights kept me awake, I thought that I was strongerWhen you gonna realise, that you don't even have to try any longer?Do what you want to.


Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite songYou go ahead, let your hair downSapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,Just go ahead, let your hair down.Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite songYou go ahead, let your hair down

Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,Just go ahead, let your hair down.Oh, you're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow'

Put Your Records On - CORRINNE BAILEY RAE (She has such a way with words to go with that lovely voice)


1 comment:

  1. 'Sipping tea in the bar by the roadside.'
    I'd always substitute tea with coffee, but doesn't that sound chilled and relaxed and so totally NOT stressed! I could definitely go for a bit of that!
    I don't want to rush into summer too quickly though; I want to enjoy the build-up.
    Hope the cold goes away soon :(

    ReplyDelete