Wednesday 27 February 2013

If only this would happen..

I was feeling frustrated. I heard God and I obeyed Him with my sacrifice. I was feeling frustrated because I felt the hole. I knew as Holy Spirit stirred things in me that I wouldn't be content to live a life that is anything less than what He planned for me. But then when I made that sacrifice, I was still feeling frustrated. I could see where I had tried to get contentment from before and where I made the sacrifice I was seeing and feeling that hole. Part of me knew that Jesus would be all I needed but my heart just didn't get it, I was still feeling frustrated because I didn't feel content. I wanted a quick fix for my situation. If only I had this...  If only this would happen...  If I only I really understood this.. If only this season would be over..

I watched a youtube video tonight of Francis Chan, tired and with a heavy heart. God's patient with me and through these verses that Francis preached on He began to help me understand things a bit better.


10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. 15 Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia,not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; 16 for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need. 17 Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account.18 I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

PHILIPPIANS 4:10-20

Paul was in prison when he wrote this letter to the Philippians but he exclaims here that he has found the secret of being content. It is only through Jesus that we can be content in whatever circumstances that we are in. We have all we need, we are rich in Christ. So we can be content when we have many things and we can be content when we don't have many things. We can be so content that when people bless us we can be more excited that they will get blessed by God for wanting to bless us. 
Also I can be content that in the knowledge that as I seek Him first and bless others God will meet all my needs. 



3 comments:

  1. How true! I love how in the midst of struggles God leads us to something that will strengthen us and encourage us that we may keep pressin on. If you begin to struggle again, you can count on Him reassuring you again, just at the right time with the right words. He is so faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daisy,
    This is the journey into our Father's heart. I describe it as a top forever spinning upward into the heart of Father. The closer we get the more of self is removed. He is always right there with you, guiding your every step.

    Keep pressing in dear one.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Daisy......hugs my dear.

    ReplyDelete